Friday, March 19, 2010

Boobiestown

Speaking of reality tv shows, I have to admit that I watch Real Housewives of NYC and OC. I don't particularly like both of them, yet somehow I am morbidly fascinated by them, like a freak highway accident that you don't want to see yet you feel compelled to see as you pass the accident by.
I watch Real Housewives of NYC because of course, I feel like a must since it is about people in NY, and anything NY is like a love affair for me that has to be followed. And as for OC, it is pure morbid fascination of watching these plastic made women going about their shallow lives about plastic surgeries, superficial lives and how great their relationships with their husbands/boyfriends esp. with the wealth.

Although proven that once the money is gone no sooner than done we find these relationships to be on the rocks, crashing and burnt.

And also, I am fascinated at the ease these women talking and taking botox and plastic surgery. I guess in environment such as la, it is a matter of fact part of life, taking pills, going under the knife, injecting yourself anywhere and everywhere to keep oneself look youthful.

Whereas for someone like yours truly, such prospect seems scary. Forget that I have very low pain tolerance level and would cry just by watching someone else being injected with a needle. I am scared to look unnatural.

My closest cousin had her eyes and nose done when she was ten, typical procedure for asian girls to make their eyelids bigger and their noses more upturned, and now 25 years later, I still cannot get used to her face, as if she is forever wearing this mask that similar to her but never quiet matches her personality.
I imagine what she feels like every morning when she wakes up and watches herself in the mirror, does she see herself or a stranger all this time? But I never ask this question, because if the answer is that she sees a stranger, how to respond to that? or to fix it? since her original face has already gone even before it had the chance to mature into the real her.

I am thankful I never wanted or agreed to undergo the same procedure. And also happy that I have always protected my skin rigorously with honey, milk, creme after creme after lotions and no sun! better preventive and age slowly and gracefully then going under the knife.

However, now that I am in my mid-thirties, I can imagine I might go and uplift my boobs when I hit 45? or when they start going south. That is the big annoyance for having big boobs, gravity really matters.
I envy those who has A cups and can go everywhere braless. I even would be content with C cups.

There is some truth in the saying "grass on the other side of the fence always looks greener".
Many people would pay to have the size of my boobs that bequeathed to me by nature [though no one in the family knows from where/which side of the family at all] but I am all ready to hand them over for smaller less gravity pulled size.

So, yeah, I can see an uplift somewhere along in the future. and already the prospect makes me cringe and cower in fear, yet I want to always look good in clothes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home